It includes a bibliographic repository in Spanish and ODR embassies for each country. Check out this wonderful resource and network!
Register to join:
The National Center for Technology and Dispute Resolution is pleased to present Star Wars and Conflict Resolution, a new book from DRI Press. In this webinar, co-editors Jennifer Reynolds and Noam Ebner, together with DRI director Sharon Press, join us to talk about the genesis of this project and the benefits of thinking about conflict and Star Wars together, highlighting some Star Wars moments specifically merging technology, conflict, and resolution. Finally, they’ll discuss the future of the project and answer questions of all types: academic, professional, and/or nerdy. (Recording will be archived @ https://odr.info/video-archive/)
Excited about this upcoming Legal Tech and ODR conference hosted in early March by our good friend of NCTDR Nancy Welsh — online participation options are available. Get all the details here:
From the conference website:
“Explore the intersection between legal tech and online dispute resolution (ODR), these tools’ different uses in the public and private sectors, and what that should mean for legal education.
Both legal tech and ODR involve the use of technology to assist legal practice and the accomplishment of legally-cognizable outcomes. So why do these two fields seem to exist in separate worlds?
- Where do legal tech and ODR intersect in the public sector – e.g., in the courts, governmental practice, administrative adjudication, the provision of legal services and A2J?
- Where do legal tech and ODR intersect in the private sector – e.g., in private legal practice, in-house corporate legal practice and customer relations, and private arbitration and mediation?
- And perhaps most important, what aspects of legal tech and ODR should law schools make part of our curriculum, in order to prepare our students to use these tools responsibly and well – and even to prepare them to create the next generation of legal tech and ODR?
Confirmed presenters include:
- Ann Baddour, Director, Fair Financial Services Project, Texas Appleseed
- Alyson Carrel, Co-Director, Center on Negotiation, Mediation, and Restorative Justice, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Margaret Hagan, Executive Director, Legal Design Lab, Stanford Law School
- William Henderson, Stephen F. Burns Professor of Law, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Dwayne Hermes, Co-Founder, ClaimDeck
- Jonathan Pyle, Contract Performance Officer, Philadelphia Legal Assistance
- Colin Rule, Practitioner-in-Residence, Texas A&M University School of Law, & CEO, Mediate.com and Arbitrate.com
- Amy Schmitz, Professor & John Deaver Drinko-Baker & Hostetler Chair in Law, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University”
Kudos to Bob Bergman of NextLevelMediation.com on completing the first integration of ChatGPT into an ODR platform! (as far as I know)
Check out the video below showing off the functionality. It really is impressive, and it opens a whole new world of possibilities for ODR.
Well done, Bob, and the whole NextLevelMediation team. I feel like I felt the first time I saw an LCD projector or wireless internet: this is going to change everything.
#negotiation #mediation #onlinediputeresolution #metaverse
Watch on Youtube the video of the VIII National Conference on Conflict Prevention and Transformation, organized by the Argentine Federation of Professional Councils in Economic Sciences.
Panelists from Argentina, Mexico, Spain and Uruguay!
Watch video: https://youtu.be/M8RbAehJZJs
(English: automatic subtitles only)
Negotiation and mediation through ICT
New approaches in organizational conflict management
Lights and shadows of mediation
Different views of Negotiation and Mediation
Dr C.P. Alberto I. Elisavetsky T174 F129 – President of the Executive Committee of the Conference
Dr. C.P. Débora Fortuna – Provincial Director of Mediation – Córdoba
Mr. Leonel Groisman – Director at YES – Negotiated Agreements – Uruguay
Dr C.P. Jose Rapuzzi – Professional Council of Economic Sciences of the Province of Entre Ríos
Dr. L.A. Ana Laura Marconi – General Directorate of Cadastre – Córdoba
Dr. Lawyer. Josep Redorta – Conflict Management Expert – Spain
Dr C.P. José Gabriel Germinario T310 F152 – Cost Specialist – Uruguay
Dr. C.P. Maria del Valle Vela de Cisterna – Advisory Commission for Mediation and Conflict Management CPCE Córdoba
Ocean. Juan Manuel Lobo Niembro – Director Alinea Center for Mediation and Dispute Resolution – Mexico
Dr. C.P. Alicia I. Millán T98 F232 – Director of the Mediation Center – CPCECABA
Dr. Abog. Beatriz Losada Crespo – Mediator of Collective Labor Conflict – Spain
Lic. Analía Paz – Conflict Resolution Specialist – Tucumán
The Siming Court is a basic-level people’s court located in Xiamen, a coast city in southeastern Fujian province beside the Taiwan Strait. It held a “metaverse” trial in which two traffic accident-related cases were heard. The graduate students of Xiamen University Law School observed the entire trial process. On September 23, www.people.com.cn published a news article titled, “Metaverse + Court Trial + Classroom Teaching— the Siming Court in Xiamen promotes Digitalization and Intelligentization” of the Court System.” The news is available in English and in Chinese. Info on the metaverse technology provision can be found here.
ODR Cyberweek 2022 (Oct. 31-Nov 4) showcased online dispute resolution innovations and projects by presenters from over 20 countries including: Angola, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, England, European Union, India, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, United States, and Wales. All presentations are permanently archived, including Spanish and Portuguese language tracks.
October 31-November 4, 2022 Join us for this free, online conference with experts from around the world
Access the Program agenda & participation here.
Series on ODR Beyond Monetary Disputes
- ODR and Healthcare
- ODR and Canadian Immigration/Refugee Cases
- EU Digital Privacy Act and ODR
- ODR and Relationship Repair: Arbitration of Labor Grievances
- Tech and Multiparty Public Dispute Resolution Post-Covid
ODR Platform Demos
A Spanish language track
Additional topics on ODR include: women’s empowerment, leveraging technology in mediation, AI, blockchain, data protection, ODR Standards, the metaverse, medical disputes, Oarb, and more!
Join us for five days of ODR exploration and engagement! #ODRCyberweek2022
Recordings will be archived here.