ODR Principles & Standards
Recommended Best Practices for Online Dispute Resolution Service Providers. American Bar Association Taskforce on ECommerce and ADR
Standards for ODR Platforms for Court Program Pilot by American Bar Association Section on Pro Bono and Public Service and Technology and Dispute Resolution Committee 2018
Online Dispute Resolution Standards of Practice. Followed by ICANN, promulgated in 2009 by the National Center for Technology and Dispute Resolution.
European Commission Recommendation on the Principles Applicable to the Bodies Responsible for the Out-of-Court Settlement of Consumer Disputes (98/257/CE)
French legislation and decree on voluntary ODR platform certification
- LOI n° 2019-222 du 23 mars 2019 de programmation 2018-2022 et de réforme pour la justice
- Décret n° 2019-1089 du 25 octobre 2019 relatif à la certification des services en ligne de conciliation, de médiation et d’arbitrage
International Mediation Institute Competency Criteria for E-Mediators
International Mediation Institute e-Mediation Certification, Annex 1 and 2
Online Dispute Resolution Technical Interface Standards. National Center for State Courts (USA).
Articles focused on Standards and Principles for ODR
- Abedi, Fahimeh, et al. “Developing Regulatory Standards for the Concept of Security in Online Dispute Resolution Systems.” COMPUTER LAW & SECURITY REVIEW, vol. 35, no. 5.
- Abedi, Fahimeh, et al. “Universal Standards for the Concept of Trust in Online Dispute Resolution Systems in E-Commerce Disputes.” International Journal of Law & Information Technology, vol. 27, no. 3, Sept. 2019, 209–237.
- Abedi, F., Zeleznikow, J. and Brien, C. “Universal Standards for the Concept of Fairness in Online Dispute Resolution in B2C E-Disputes.” Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, 2019, 34(2), 357-392.
- Aura Ester Vilalta. “2009 Workshop International Sobre ADR/ODR. Construir Ponts: Marc Jurídic i Principis.” IDP, no. 9, 2009.
- Byrom, Nancy. Digital Justice: HMCTS Data Strategy and Delivering Access to Justice Report and Recommendations. UK: The Legal Education Foundation. October 2019.
- Cortes, Pablo. “Accredited Online Dispute Resolution Services: Creating European Legal Standards for Ensuring Fair and Effective Processes.” Information & Communications Technology Law, vol. 17, no. 3, Oct. 2008, 221–237.
- Cowles, Maria Green Global Business Dialogue on Electronic Commerce (GBDe). TA-Datenbank-Nachrichten, Nr. 4, 10. Jg., Dezember 2001, 70-79.
- Exon, Susan Nauss. “Ethics and Online Dispute Resolution: From Evolution to Revolution.” Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, vol. 32, no. 4, Oct. 2017, 609–664.
- Larson, David Allen. “Digital Accessibility and Disability Accommodations in Online Dispute Resolution: ODR for Everyone.” Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, vol. 34, no. 3, July 2019, 431–458.
- Loebl, Zbynek. “Identifying and Establishing Standard ODR Processes.” International Journal of Online Dispute Resolution, 3(2), 2016, 125.
- Organization for Cooperation and Development. Privacy Online: OECD Guidance on Policy and Practice. 2003.
- Rainey, Daniel. “Creating Standards for ODR.” International Journal of Online Dispute Resolution, 4(2), 2017, 21-25.
- Rainey, Daniel. “Model Standards for Mediators [Annotated for Online Dispute Resolution Practice in 2016].” International Journal of Online Dispute Resolution, 3(1), 2017, 30-40.
- Weiner, Alan, Regulations and Standards for Online Dispute Resolution: A Primer for Policymakers and Stakeholders 2001. Mediate.com
- Wing, Leah Ethical Principles for Online Dispute Resolution: A GPS Device for the Field (2016). International Journal of Online Dispute Resolution, 3(1), 12-29.